Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Camping in Hugo Colorado

Misty_morning_hugo_colorado
August and September have been intensely busy -- and I lost my battery charger in Las Vegas so I couldn't take any good pictures. Which is why I haven't writen and new posts in several weeks! But, I've got lots of great stories to share and will be posting them and more over the next several weeks.One of the big things going on is we've decided to start hunting.

For the 2011/12 season, one of the things I really want to do is some pronghorn hunting. I've never hunted big game and so this is quite an undertaking, but its been fun. In early September, I decided to go scout the unit I planned on hunting in this year. This is in South Eastern Colorado. For those of you who've never been out there, it's a cross between open grassland and, well, mostly desert. So, you'll understand my surprise when I get half way down there and drive into a murky fog bank that lasted till noon the next day.

Which was fine. Had a nice evening camping in the fog under some trees in the Hugo State Wild Life Area. Got up the next morning and saw all sorts of wild life. Also got a dove (more on that in a later post). But, I think the fog spooked the pronghorn. Only saw a single small group until the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment