Friday, August 5, 2011

Zeroing a new SIG516

Sig516
Was on a business trip last week. I got home on Friday, my birthday. I rarely work on my birthday -- in fact, this was only the second time in the last 27 years. Something to do with having to work on my birthday when I was younger. In any case, how happy was I when she said, "Let's go get that rifle you've been wanting!" COOL!

I know there are on-line sources that give a wide selection and you really should get what you want. However, when your woman gives you a chance like this, you jump on it THAT DAY! I've been looking at Colt, LMT, and Sig for a while. Readers know I'm partial to Sig, but in this case I was leaning towards LMT. However, couldn't find a free floating 5.56 for either Colt or LMT. So, I stuck with Sig Sauer. My wonderful wife bought me a SIG516 with Sig's red dot scope. The SIG516 is gas piston operated, with a 3-position regulator. It's chambered, of course, for 5.56 NATO with a free-floating barrel with quad rails (full-length upper). As this one had the red dot, it did no have iron sights -- which is too bad, because I've always like shooting iron sights. That's probably a left over from basic training. Who knows?

In anycase, I got to take it out to the range the following weekend. We went up to the mountains to a small public range. We had to share with a single shooter who was working on his 30-06 for elk season. I got the SIG 516 red dot zeroed in and really enjoyed shooting groups for a couple of hours. Also got in work with my Benelli Nova and P226. It made for a great finish to my birthday weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment